Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky, OH is a Great Wolf Lodge located in Sandusky, Ohio. It opened in 2001 and was the company's 2nd location. It is one of two locations that can be found in Ohio, the other being Mason, Ohio. The resort is also located near Cedar Point Amusement Park.
In 2000, The Great Lakes Companies Inc announced they were building a second location in the "Great Lodge Family Resorts" brand. As there was only one Great Wolf Lodge at the time (in Wisconsin Dells, WI) it was decided the second location would be referred to as Great Bear Lodge to differentiate the two. The resort would continue being referred to as Great Bear Lodge from 2001 until 2004 when it was decided all locations would be labeled under the Great Wolf Lodge name to make the brand more universal.
What it featuresEdit
- Gitchigoomie Grill
- Hungry As A Wolf
- Buckets Incredible Craveables
- Bear Paw Sweets & Eats
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Lumber Jack's Cook Shanty (Replaced with Hungry as a Wolf)
- Klondike Cafe (Replaced with Buckets Incredible Craveables)
- Along with Traverse City, MI and Kansas City, KS, this location doesn't have Slap Tail Pond in the waterpark area.
- The lodge has several alternative names for attractions: