Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky, OH is a Great Wolf Lodge located in Sandusky, Ohio. It opened in 2001 and was the company's 2nd location. It is one of two locations that can be found in Ohio, the other being Mason, Ohio. The resort is also located near Cedar Point Amusement Park.
In 2000, The Great Lakes Companies Inc announced they were building a second location in the "Great Lodge Family Resorts" brand. As there was only one Great Wolf Lodge at the time (in Wisconsin Dells, WI) it was decided the second location would be referred to as Great Bear Lodge to differentiate the two. The resort would continue being referred to as Great Bear Lodge from 2001 until 2004 when it was decided all locations would be labeled under the Great Wolf Lodge name to make the brand more universal.
What it features
- Bear Track Landing Waterpark
- Northern Lights Arcade
- Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Cub Club
- Ten Paw Alley
- The Great Clock Tower Show
- Gitchigoomie Grill
- Hungry As A Wolf
- Buckets Incredible Craveables
- Bear Paw Sweets & Eats
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Lumber Jack's Cook Shanty (Replaced with Hungry as a Wolf)
- Klondike Cafe (Replaced with Buckets Incredible Craveables)
- Scooops Kids Spa (Replaced by Build a Bear Workshop)
- Aqua Rock Wall (Removed due to costs and safety)
- Along with Traverse City, MI and Kansas City, KS, this location doesn't have Slap Tail Pond in the waterpark area.
- It was one of two lodges to open under a different name, the other being Wisconsin, opening under the name Black Wolf Lodge.
- In addition, it is the only location to have had an attraction within the waterpark itself that had to be paid separately, that being the Aqua Rock Wall which was removed in 2010.
- The lodge has several alternative names for attractions:
- Otter Run was never added to the resort until it's rename in 2004, with Fort Mackenzie originally having no slides off of it.
|Northeast United States|
Canada Niagara Falls, ON
Former Properties Blue Harbor Resort (Sheboygan, WI)